Harlem Heritage - Apollo Theater Walking Tour
From USD $65.00
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: New York City, N.Y.
- Harlem Heritage Apollo Theater Walking Tour is a combination of Harlem sightseeing tour and tour of world famous Apollo Theatre.
- Harlem Heritage Apollo Theatre Walking Tour starts at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture with a multimedia presentation, usually the Schomburg presents an exhibition pertaining to subject matter of this tour.
- Harlem walking tour will feature pictures. video and sound presented at sights where history happened, special attention will be paid to music history and Harlem legends launched to stardom from the world famous Apollo theatre stage.
- We will end with back stage tour of Apollo Theatre, we will host our very own mock “Amateur Night at the Apollo” you will have the chance to go on the Apollo Theatre stage and perform in the very spot where greats Michael Jackson. James Brown, Ella Fitzgerald and many others started their careers – lets see if you have what it takes to be an Apollo star.
- 2 hour tour plus 1 hour Apollo Theater Experience
- 1.5 miles, low impact walking.
- Starts at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture at northwest corner of 135th and Malcolm X Blvd. Number #2 and #3 trains on IRT line (red on subway maps) arrives directly to meeting location.