Harlem Civil Rights Multimedia Walking Tour
From USD $30.00
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: New York City, N.Y.
Harlem Civil Rights Multimedia Walking Tours explores the tumultuous days of the American civil rights, Black arts and the Black power movements of the 1950's and 1960's. Experience starts with a video presentation inside the Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center, followed with a multimedia walking tour hosted by a born and raised Harlem tour guide equipped with portable video and audio. Walk in the footsteps of icons such as Malcolm X, Maya Angelou, Dr. Adam Clayton Powell Jr., Dr. Wyatt T Walker Sr., Elombe Brath, and many others from the period.
- Meet: Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center 104 Malcolm X Boulevard, located between 115th - 116th Streets. # 2 & 3 trains arrive directly to meeting location on the IRT red subway line.
- Price is $30.00 per person.
- 1 PM - 3 PM
- 1.5 miles low impact walking
- food optional after the tour