Harlem Heritage Gospel Walk
From USD $39.00
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: New York City, N.Y.
Harlem Heritage Gospel Walk features sightseeing tour through the historic streets of Harlem ending with live Gospel performance at "Club Harlem" featuring Anthony Morgan and the Harlem Heritage Gospel Singers.
The walking portion of tour is designed to convey and place emphasis on cultural Harlem, stopping at well known sights, but also uncovering hidden events and figures overlooked by many. Harlem born and raised tour guide equipped with portable video and sound will bring the heritage to life for sure.
Harlem Heritage Gospel Walk includes:
- Meet at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture at west 135th street & Malcolm X Boulevard, #2 and #3 trains on red (IRT) line arrive directly.
- 90 minute Harlem walking tour stopping at sights associated with jazz/music, civil rights, Harlem renaissance, art, diversity, urban planning, education and gentrification.
- 60 minute Harlem Gospel performance featuring four of America's most well known Gospel performers: Anthony Morgan and the Harlem Heritage Gospel Singers. Anthony is known all over the world.
- Walk is 1 mile, low impact walking.
- Time: TBD
- Days: Sundays & Fridays
- Price TBD
- Gospel performance at "Club Harlem" Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center - 104 Malcolm X Blvd., between 115th - 116th streets. #2 & #3 trains arrive directly to meeting location.
- 212 280-7888 for more information.