Harlem Black Music Month Tour / Concert
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: New York City, N.Y.
June is Black Music Month announced as such June 7th, 1979 by President Jimmy Carter. Harlem has been both stage and player in the development of Black music across a variety of music and entertainment genres. We welcome the world to join us during the month of June for the Harlem Black Music Tour / Concert, starting with a walking tour visiting historic music and entertainment sights past an present, ending with a live concert at "CLUB HARLEM" featuring the most talented entertainers in Harlem. The concert will chronicle the history of Harlem Black music with emphasis on 20th century African-American music history.
Harlem Black Music Month Tour / Concert includes the following:
- Meet Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. 135th Street & Malcolm X Boulevard. #2 and #3 trains on red IRT line arrives directly to this location.
- Time 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM 2 hour Harlem multimedia walking tour complimented with portable music and video + 1 hour multi genre Black music celebration.
- Harlem born and raised tour guide.
- 1 hour live music concert featuring various genres of Black music.
- 1.5 miles of low impact walking